Internet Marketing Secrets
by Sally Strackbein
- Have a website! If you don't have a website, get listed in online directories.
- There are 2 ways to rank high in search engines
1) Pay for your ranking 2) Have tightly focused pages with key phrases repeated in the body of the page, in metatags, alt text, title and description
- It doesn't matter how high you rank in the search engines if people click off as soon as they see your page and can't find what they need.
- Know who you are and present yourself accurately.
- Be personal. Express yourself and showcase your passion. Your visitors will feel like they know you and want more. Be a warm contrast to the usual, impersonal website.
- Give away valuable information. Showcase your talents and make sense. Demonstrate that you know what you are talking about. Make people eager to buy your products and services.
- Form alliances with other websites. Post on discussions and listserves. Encourage more popular sites to use your material for a link to your site.
- Use search engines and directories to search for your competition. See what they are doing right. Don't plagiarize, but learn.
- Be clear about what results you want. Tell your visitors what you want them to do, e.g. buy your products or call for an appointment, etc.
- Experiment. The Internet is flexible. Learn what people respond to. They will tell you what they want. If they are not responding, try something new. See number 6.
- Start with material you already have
on your computer – parts of handouts, letters, white papers or articles. What information is on your computer that website visitors can read and use right now?
- Just do it! You don't have to be perfect the first time. See number 10.
copyright (c) Sally Strackbein.
Permission is granted to reprint this article in your newsletter or magazine with the byline:
Sally Strackbein is a speaker and author.
To find out more about her programs and services,
or call 703-262-0361.